Date:      Sun, 05 Dec 1999 12:20:37 -0800
From:      Darryl Okahata <darrylo@sr.hp.com>
To:        djb@Wit389306.student.utwente.nl
Cc:        freebsd-mobile@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Toshiba Satellite 2610 CDT, anyone?

"Dave J. Boers" <djb@relativity.student.utwente.nl> wrote:

> Does anyone have any experience with the Toshiba Satellite 2610 CDT? I didn't
> find any references to it in the archives. Does that mean that it's working
> fine with FreeBSD?

     If it's anything like the Satellite 2615, it uses the ESS 1978S
(Maestro 2E) sound chipset, which is not supported by FreeBSD.  It's
unclear as to when support will occur, if at all, although I hope it
will be supported, as many newer notebooks use it (like mine ;-().

--
	Darryl Okahata
	darrylo@sr.hp.com