Date:      Sat, 06 Feb 1999 05:37:15 -0800
From:      "Jordan K. Hubbard" <jkh@zippy.cdrom.com>
To:        obrien@NUXI.com
Cc:        Satoshi Asami <asami@FreeBSD.ORG>, freebsd-stable@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: 3.0-19990202-SNAP a.out problem

> On Wed, Feb 03, 1999 at 11:27:08PM -0800, Satoshi Asami wrote:
> >  * up to now) to roll me a compat22 distribution. :)
> >
> > Hmm.  I assume that's going into /usr/lib/aout, right?
>
> Don't they belong in /usr/lib/compat/aout ?

Yeah.  That reminds me..  How many versions of each shared lib do we
want to keep around?  Since we're capping off the list of "typical
a.out libraries" here, it stands to reason that we may end up
including several versions of some of the more popular shared libs in
the 2.2 branch's history.

Check out:

      ftp://ftp.freebsd.org/pub/FreeBSD/releases/snapshots/i386/*/compat22/

For my "suggested" 2.2 compat set.  I'm not attached to it and, in
fact, didn't even put it together with any particular rigor.  It's
simply a snapshot of hub.freebsd.org's a.out shared libs, selected
because I knew it spent much of the 2.2 branch progressing via source
upgrades and was likely to have a "rich" set of libraries. :)

- Jordan