Date:      Tue, 22 Apr 2008 16:00:42 -0600
From:      "Andrew Falanga" <af300wsm@gmail.com>
To:        "Fraser Tweedale" <frase@frase.id.au>
Cc:        FreeBSD Questions <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: clean for kernel build

On Tue, Apr 22, 2008 at 3:17 PM, Fraser Tweedale <frase@frase.id.au> wrote:
> `make buildkernel` in /usr/src does a clean before building.  You most
> likely are missing something in your kernel config (i.e. a device that is
> depended on by another device).
>
>  frase

Thanks.  What options are needed in conjunction with IPSEC?  I have
this in my config file:

options          IPSEC
options          IPSEC_ESP # from the handbook

The IPSec & VPN page in the handbook says to use these.  However, the
IPSEC_ESP errors out of the build with "unknown option."  What else is
needed?  Also, if I'm not mistaken, the linker errors I'm seeing are
dealing with the IPSEC implementation.  What kernel options are
necessary for building a kernel with IPSec?

Andy