Date:      Sun, 11 Nov 2001 16:15:39 -0800
From:      "David O'Brien" <obrien@FreeBSD.org>
To:        Marcin Gryszkalis <dagoon@math.uni.lodz.pl>
Cc:        wilko@FreeBSD.org, dagoon@ldah.math.uni.lodz.pl, freebsd-alpha@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: alpha/22759: zip cannot work with existing .zip archives

On Sun, Nov 11, 2001 at 11:59:42PM +0100, Marcin Gryszkalis wrote:
> dagoon@ldah:~,0> zip x x.sh
>   adding: x.sh (deflated 4%)
> dagoon@ldah:~,0> zip x y
>         zip warning: missing end signature--probably not a zip file (did
> 		you
> 		zip warning: remember to use binary mode when you transferred
> 		it?)

WHY are you NOT providing the file you are compressing for reference?
Did you not think that maybe there is a bug in Zip that is sensative to
the input?  You did not say that you have a problem with every file
you've tried.  So we are left having to guess if maybe Zip isn't tripping
on something in the input, vs. normal processing (ie, 64-bit issue).