Date:      Sat, 24 Aug 1996 10:20:29 -0700 (PDT)
From:      Ken Marsh <durang@u.washington.edu>
To:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   lpr and file size limits

I just got Ghostscript working for my hp500c printer, and have run into
trouble printing photographs that I have scanned. They are not very large,
about 60K each, but when I print them using xv, xv cats the temporary
postscript file to lpr, and lpr prints a short error message on paper and
this on screen:

        lpr:  : copy file is too large

The only potentially meaningful part of the printed error is:

        Last OS error: 19

Is there some way I can allow larger files to be processed by lpr?

    / \  / \ / | / \    / \         Student of Engineering
    | | / / / /  |  \   | |        University of Washington
Ken Marsh: Durang@U.Washington.edu
    | |\ \ \ \   | |  \   | "If you're going to eat a frog,
    | | \ \ \ \  | |   \  |                       eat a nice juicy one."
    \_/  \_\ \_| \_/    \_/  - Wongani Nyasulu -