Date:      Mon, 28 Nov 2005 19:06:43 +0100
From:      Kees =?UTF-8?B?UGxvbsOf?= <freebsd@jeremino.homeunix.net>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: flashplayer plugin on firefox

Mehmet Fatih AKBULUT wrote on Monday 28 November 2005 15:54:

> hi all
> i searched the web to installed flashplugin on my bsd. i saw such data
> in a page :
>
> # Flash with Firefox
> [/usr/local/lib/linux-flashplugin6/libflashplayer.so]
> libpthread.so.0 pluginwrapper/flash6.so
> libdl.so.2 pluginwrapper/flash6.so
> libz.so.1 libz.so.2
> libstdc++-libc6.2-2.so.3 liblstdc++.so.4
> libm.so.6 libm.so
> libc.so.6 pluginwrapper/flash6.so
>
> everything was fine because i installed linux-flashplugin6 (and also
> 7) and also did pluginwrapper.
> but in that page it was said that the above should be put in
> libmap.conf under /etc/.
> then i search my bsd and saw no libmap.conf :(
> is this something weird ? do i have to have libmap.conf ? or it comes
> with something else ?
> please help me ...

If you dont have a "/etc/libmap.conf" file, you have to make it yourself,
and fill it with the information above.
It tells the dynamic linker wich executable, the name between [ ],
which dynamic library file it has to substitute for the library file it asks.
So in your case, if the executable:

"/usr/local/lib/linux-flashplugin6/libflashplayer.so"

asks for the dynamic library:

libpthread.so.0

the dynamic linker loads instead the library:

pluginwrapper/flash6.so

It is very handy if you have to use an old version of an executable
with a latest version of a library.