Date:      Fri, 9 Apr 1999 11:29:14 +0200
From:      "Ragnar Nielsen" <ragnar.nielsen@idcomnet.no>
To:        <freebsd-smp@freebsd.org>
Subject:   P-II processor steppings

Last fall, I got myself an ASUS P2B-DS with a single
P-II/450 processor, planning for a second CPU later on.

Now I wonder: Do I have to get a processor of the same
stepping as the original one, or is it OK to mix steppings
in a SMP system as long as the other CPU parameters are
identical?

If so, I'll postpone the purchase for a little while, saving
money as the prices continue to drop. If not, I'll have to
grab a stepping 2 processor while they're still available!

I would be most grateful for an educated answer.

Best regards,

Ragnar Nielsen

ragnar.nielsen@idcomnet.no