Date:      Tue, 26 Dec 1995 16:59:09 -0500
From:      "Garrett A. Wollman" <wollman@lcs.mit.edu>
To:        Randall Hopper <rhh@sin.multiverse.com>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   comp.unix.bsd.freebsd.misc

<<On Mon, 25 Dec 1995 00:13:00 -0500 (EST), Randall Hopper <rhh@sin.multiverse.com> said:

>      I'm not having much luck getting my AT-1500 Lance-based Ethernet card
> working on my new P-100 and would appreciate some help.  I can monitor
> packets on my local subnet using BPF & tcpdump, but when I attempt to put
> a packet on the line (e.g. with "ping host-on-local-subnet"), the ARP
> request fails with:

>      Dec 25 00:19:00 stealth /kernel: arpresolve: can't allocate llinfo

Your routing table is wrong.  This means that either your interface is
configured incorrectly, or you added some bogus route explicitly, or
you had a routing process like routed add bogus routes implicitly.

-GAWollman

--
Garrett A. Wollman   | Shashish is simple, it's discreet, it's brief. ...
wollman@lcs.mit.edu  | Shashish is the bonding of hearts in spite of distance.