Date:      Sun, 01 Jul 2001 05:34:39 -0700
From:      Kent Stewart <kstewart@urx.com>
To:        "A. L. Meyers" <a.l.meyers@consult-meyers.com>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: make installworld problem

"A. L. Meyers" wrote:

> On Sun, 1 Jul 2001, Kent Stewart wrote:
>

> > I don't have any idea at this point. I expected pod2man to be built when
> > perl was. You might have to cd in to the src and do make or make
> > install. The makefile is located in
> >
> > /usr/src/gnu/usr.bin/perl/pod/pod2man/Makefile
> >

> Yes, it is there, all alone. No other files. Dated 20 Oct 2000.

That is usually how it looks. Run make from here. You have the podman2
exe in the obj side and a make install should copy it into /usr/bin.

> > It should be in
> > /usr1/obj/usr/src/gnu/usr.bin/perl/pod/pod2man
>
> No, Makefile is not here. 3 other files are here:
>
> pod2man (executable) dated 30 June
> pod2man.l            dated 01 July
> pod2man.L            dated 02 May  1999
>

> > but the installworld makefile is looking for the /usr/bin version, which
> > you don't have.
> >
> > Then try your installworld again.
> >
> > Kent
> >

> Should I copy the Makefile dated 20 Oct 2000 to
> /usr/obj/usr/src/gnu/usr.bin/perl/pid/pod2man ?

No, the make file is only on the src side.

> Then run make and make install?
>
> NB No directory /usr1/obj.

No, I know. I was going to edit the "1" off. I have /usr on an HD,
/usr/src on a 2nd HD, and /usr/obj on a 3rd HD to get the build speed
up.

Kent

--
Kent Stewart