Date:      Wed, 12 Sep 2007 02:23:52 +0200
From:      cpghost <cpghost@cordula.ws>
To:        Kris Kennaway <kris@FreeBSD.org>
Cc:        Gabriel Dragffy <gabe@dragffy.com>, freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Hunks failed, is this bad?

On Wed, 12 Sep 2007 01:36:48 +0200
Kris Kennaway <kris@FreeBSD.org> wrote:

> Gabriel Dragffy wrote:
> > Hi all
> >
> > I hope you can help me.
> >
> > I have a clean install of freebsd. I changed to /usr and made ports
> > directory. Then I ran portsnap fetch and then extract. Then I
> > changed to ports-mngmt/portmanager and did   make install clean.
> >
> > When I try to install any port using either 'make install clean' or
> > 'portmanager www/lighttpd' (for example) I see hunks failed in
> > stdout. As an exaple I saw one of these flas by when installing
> > lighttpd:
> >
> > |--- /usr/ports/Mk/bsd.port.mk  Tue Nov  8 01:02:51 2005
> > |+++ bsd.port.mk        Wed Nov 16 02:16:57 2005
> > --------------------------
> > Patching file bsd.port.mk using Plan A...
> > Hunk #1 failed at 2049.
> > 1 out of 1 hunks failed--s
> >
> > As far as I can tell I see similar errors no matter what port I try
> > to install. Is this a problem?
>
> Yes, and it doesn't make much sense either.  Nothing should be
> patching bsd.port.mk on the fly, and the date of 2005 is also
> suspicious.

IIRC, it's portmanager that patches bsd.port.mk on the fly
(and backs the change out when it is done). Or it did so a
while ago; I don't know if it still does today.

Try to update portmanager, or use something else like portmaster
or portupgrade, if updating portmanager didn't work.

> Kris

cpghost.

--
Cordula's Web. http://www.cordula.ws/