Date:      Fri, 31 May 2002 16:18:30 -0400 (EDT)
From:      "C J Michaels" <cjm2@earthling.net>
To:        <sean@mcneil.com>
Cc:        <freebsd-stable@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: new dhcp client causing problems

Sean McNeil said:
> Hi,
>
> I've noticed that I occasionally lose connections through my computer to
> the internet.  This has been happening because the dhcp client is trying
> to change my ip to something bogus and resetting the ethernet:

Can you give an example of the 'bogus' ip address it's trying to set?
What you have listed below (without any additional information) appears to
be valid.  (Note: no ip address is actually listed.)

> May 30 23:44:17 blue dhclient: New Network Number: 66.75.176.0
> May 30 23:44:17 blue dhclient: New Broadcast Address: 255.255.255.255

Yes, I did note the broadcast address, my dhclient is pulling the same
broadcast addr (RoadRunner) and I have no problems.  I believe this may
actually be an issue w/ a mis-configured dhcpd not dhclient.

--
Chris