Date:      Tue, 06 May 2003 18:30:14 +0100
From:      Colin Percival <colin.percival@wadham.ox.ac.uk>
To:        Doug Barton <DougB@freebsd.org>, Larry Sica <lomion@mac.com>
Cc:        freebsd-chat@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Senator Santorum

At 10:23 06/05/2003 -0700, Doug Barton wrote:
>"And if the Supreme Court says that you have the right to consensual sex
>within your home, then you have the right to bigamy, you have the right to
>polygamy, you have the right to incest, you have the right to adultery.
>You have the right to anything."
>
>The annoying thing about what he said from the standpoint of the gay
>rights folks is that he's right. It really is a slippery legal slope.

   Not quite.  Bigamy and polygamy aren't questions of sex; they're
questions of marriage.  As for incest and adultery... personally I don't
see where the problem lies with incest, providing that no (genetically
impaired) children are born of it, and I can't think of any civilized state
where adultery is illegal.

Colin Percival