Date:      Thu, 20 Feb 1997 15:46:57 +0100 (CET)
From:      ssigala@globalnet.it
To:        FreeBSD-gnats-submit@freebsd.org
Subject:   ports/2776: New Port: Turbo Vision for UNIX

>Number:         2776
>Category:       ports
>Synopsis:       New Port: Turbo Vision for UNIX
>Confidential:   no
>Severity:       non-critical

(I have already sent a similar mail to freebsd-ports, but seem to be
lost, sorry.)

This is the DESC file:

Turbo Vision (or TV, for short) is a library that provides an application
framework.  With TV you can write a beautiful object-oriented character-mode
user interface in a short time.

TV is available in C++ and Pascal and is a product of Borland International.
It was developed to run on MS-DOS systems, but today it is available for many
other platforms (ported by independent programmers).

This port is based on the Borland 2.0 version with fixes.

Borland has released the source code to the public some time ago (take a look
at the COPYRIGHT file in the source package for more informations).

I placed the library in

ftp.cdrom.com:/pub/FreeBSD/incoming/tvision-0.3.tar.gz

and the port is

ftp.cdrom.com:/pub/FreeBSD/incoming/tvision-0.3.port.tar.gz

Please move the source package (tvision-0.3.tar.gz) to

freefall.cdrom.com:/pub/FreeBSD/LOCAL_PORTS

since i have not a master ftp site to hold it.

Note: when the library is dinamically-linked sometimes the
resulting executable doesn't run.  I don't know why.

Thanks,
	Sandro