Date:      Sat, 05 Aug 2000 00:33:04 +0200
From:      "Jose M. Alcaide" <jose@we.lc.ehu.es>
To:        Norbert Irmer <norbert.irmer@heim9.tu-clausthal.de>
Cc:        ports@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: LyX port: libc.so.3 not found

Norbert Irmer wrote:

> "Chris D. Faulhaber" wrote:
> >
> > On Fri, 4 Aug 2000, Norbert Irmer wrote:
> >
> > > I built the LyX port on a ~current system, but
> > > when trying to run it, I get
> > >
> > Might be that libforms (xforms) is liked against libc.so.3.  If so, you
> > probably need compat3x libs (for libc.so.3).
> >

> Thanks, I installed compat3x libs, and now it runs.
>
> But it segfaults when I try to view the dvi or postscript output :(
> gdb shows the following:

The reference to libc.so.3 is caused by xforms-0.89, which is dynamically
linked to that library. I contacted the author of xforms explaining
the problem, and asking for a statically linked binary, to no avail
(no answer at all).

OTOH, LyX 1.0.5 crashes easily. I had to go back to LyX 1.0.4.

-- JMA
****** Jose M. Alcaide  //  jose@we.lc.ehu.es  //  jmas@FreeBSD.org ******
** "Beware of Programmers who carry screwdrivers" --  Leonard Brandwein **