Date:      Fri, 23 Feb 2001 15:52:27 -0600 (CST)
From:      Virtual Bob <hey9811@yahoo.com>
To:        FreeBSD-STABLE listserv <stable@freebsd.org>
Subject:   NCR/Symbios 875 and 4.2-STABLE

While (still) going through that make release @#$(!, I'm now running into
hardware problems. From syslog log, I found Symbios 875 is reporting
"Overlapped commands attempted." The drives connected are two IBM
Ultrastar XP (OEM from Quantum, I believe). This error is triggered
whenever disk access becomes vicious for an instant.

I see some old posts referencing certain old NCR (and AICxxx) with some HP
drives (and others?) had this problem. Regarding NCR, the problem can be
side-stepped by entering options "SCS_NCR_DFLT_TAGS=" and/or
"SCSI_NCR_MAX_TAGS=0". Well, it doesn't seem either two are defined
options anymore in 4.2-S.

Any suggestions?