Date:      Sat, 11 Oct 2003 00:41:07 +0400
From:      Lev Serebryakov <lev@FreeBSD.org>
To:        Oliver Eikemeier <eikemeier@fillmore-labs.com>
Cc:        ports@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re[2]: Ports conflicts: `lib/libiberty.a'

Hello, Oliver!

>>   It is STATIC library! It could not be used by ALREADY compiled &
>>   installed ports! And ALL these ports compile this library by
>>   itself and use OWN version on build stage, and DON'T use installed
>>   library!
OE> Then perhaps it shouldn't be installed anyway?
  I think so. But authors of binutils/gcc have other opinion (they are
  GNU people and like to push their COPYING, libibery, etc. in each
  hole).
>>   And, If I write CONFLICTS=, based on `lib/libiberty.a', IT WILL BE
>>   IMPOSIIBLE to install cross-binutils & cross-gcc EVENT for one platform
>>   together! It is very strange situation, IMHO.
OE> If you don't care, you could install them with DISABLE_CONFLICTS=yes.
  I think, it is invalid situation. Because DISABLE_CONFLICTS=yes
  could afraid some users and here is no conflicts, really, but
  overwriting of unused files.

               Lev Serebryakov