Date:      Tue, 27 Feb 2001 15:51:33 +0100
From:      "Karel J. Bosschaart" <karelj@wop21.wop.wtb.tue.nl>
To:        Nader Turki <nturki@hotmail.com>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: linux binary

On Tue, Feb 27, 2001 at 09:14:40AM -0500, Nader Turki wrote:
> hi guys,
>
> the isp installed me FreeBSD 4.2-RELEASE and forgot to enable linux binary
> compatibility. so i just did it now by installing the port
> /usr/ports/emulators/linux_base ....
>
> i just wanted to ask if i'm doing the right thing.

You need to do additionally 'kldload linux' to load the linux kernel module.
Add 'linux_enable="YES"' to /etc/rc.conf so it will be loaded next time
you reboot the machine.

Hm, looking at linux_base Makefile, the linux module is already loaded
by the port :-). Well, just check your /etc/rc.conf to be sure that
'linux_enable="YES"' is present.

Karel.