Date:      Thu, 27 Mar 1997 07:31:51 -0600 (CST)
From:      "Paul T. Root" <proot@horton.iaces.com>
To:        jadeite@light.pomona.edu (jadeite)
Cc:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Handbook

In a previous message, jadeite said:

> On Wed, 26 Mar 1997, Nadav Eiron wrote:
> > On Wed, 26 Mar 1997, Santi Rosswong wrote:
> > >         In several announcements I have seen cryptic reference to a "Handbook".
> > > Is there any such thing as a "FreeBSD Handbook", and if so where can it be
> > > purchased?
> >
> > Like the rest of FreeBSD, it's free, so it can't be purchased :-) You can
> > browse it at
>
> i have seen books that came with the distribution cds being at computer
> shows.  i didn't the check the price, but my friends took the opportunity
> to come down on me about FreeBSD being "free".

That's awful petty of them. Media costs money. This isn't welfare. You
can easily get FreeBSD for free via the internet.

What Free in FreeBSD really means is unrestricted by the AT&T (NCR, Novell,
SCO, whatever you want to call it) copyright.

Paul.

--
If I had a plantation in Georgia and a home in Hell, I'd sell the
plantation and go home.