Date:      Thu, 18 Nov 2010 09:08:13 +0100
From:      Monthadar Al Jaberi <monthadar@gmail.com>
To:        Maciej Milewski <milu@dat.pl>
Cc:        freebsd-mips@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Re: First RSPRO deployed !

2010/11/18 Maciej Milewski <milu@dat.pl>:

> Thursday 18 November 2010 07:53:45 Monthadar Al Jaberi napisa=B3(a):
>> 2010/11/17 Maciej Milewski <milu@dat.pl>:
>> > Dnia =B6roda 17 listopad 2010 o 11:31:42 Monthadar Al Jaberi napisa=B3=
(a):

>> > Because it is Routerstation board not Routerstation Pro.
>>
>> Sorry, I just assumed from the subject line that it was RSPRO.
>>
>> > Please explain what problems do you have with the mkfwimage.
>>
>> I get invalid image error from redboot.
>>
>> I made changes to mkfwimage according to Adrians instruction, padded
>> the kernel image I generated to be 64k and create the filesystem with
>> makefs -t ffs -B big...
>>
>> How do you do it?
>>
>> --
>> //Monthadar Al Jaberi
> I don't know what changes because I've got Adrian's mkfwimage and it work=
s :)

Where can I find Adrian's mkfwimage? Maybe I missed something....

> If kernel needs padding to 64k maybe rootfs needs the same? =A0I haven't =
tried
> yet with makefs but image with rootfs=3D65536 of 0's works.

How do you generate the filesystem then?
And actually when I checked the makefile Adrian is refering to, they
made the filesystem padded by 128k and that I did to :)

> Do you have proper name of this fw image? I've read somewhere that it's
> required.
> My working name is RSPRO.ar7100pro.FreeBSD.Test and you can change the la=
st
> two words for sure.

You mean the name of the file that mkfwimage generates?
I just called it something like firmware-image...

I changed the name, but still got:
TFTPD: Incoming connection from 192.168.1.102:25789
Invalid image format (error: -2)

hmm...

> Regards,
> Maciej Milewski