Date:      Wed, 26 Jun 2002 10:31:03 -0500
From:      "Jacques A. Vidrine" <nectar@freebsd.org>
To:        Pete Fritchman <petef@absolutbsd.org>
Cc:        peter.lai@uconn.edu, freebsd-security@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Re  Apache 1.3.26 package availability

On Wed, Jun 26, 2002 at 11:20:18AM -0400, Pete Fritchman wrote:
> ``make package''.  This also begs the question:  when is a new package
> going to make it to the FTP mirrors?  It would be nice if there was a
> way for security-officer@ to manually push newly updated packages fixing
> security problems to the ftp servers so we don't lag behind...

Yes, we are trying to work something out with portmgr@, but I think
they are swamped at the moment.  It's not been a big issue in the past
(although a few have complained), as it usually took no more than a
day or two for updates to appear.  I am unsure of the reason for the
slowdown.  We'll get it resovled.

You can actually find packages at:
http://bento.freebsd.org/errorlogs/packages-4-full/

Cheers,
--
Jacques A. Vidrine <n@nectar.cc>                 http://www.nectar.cc/
NTT/Verio SME          .     FreeBSD UNIX     .       Heimdal Kerberos