Date:      Sat, 3 May 2014 09:18:39 -0700
From:      Patrick <gibblertron@gmail.com>
To:        FreeBSD Questions <questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   who/w/utx.active inconsistencies/phantoms

I've got a FreeBSD 9.2 system, and I've noticed that for whatever reason,
SSH session disconnects are not being picked up properly, leaving who/w
(ie. /var/run/utx.active) to show a bunch of phantom logins. I've not seen
this on our 8.x systems. Just wondering if there are any known issues
around this? The only configuration around logging in that isn't default is
we have "UseLogin yes" set in /etc/ssh/sshd_config.