Date:      Thu, 1 May 2008 17:44:04 -0400 (EDT)
From:      "Dan Mahoney, System Admin" <danm@prime.gushi.org>
To:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   mailcap documentation?

Hello all,

There's apparently an RFC-standard file called /etc/mailcap (as well as
.mailcap), but I can't find any docs on this file.

Would it be worthwhile to rework the RFC into a manpage (I am willing to
do it), or should I bother the providers of ports that use it (such as,
say, alpine (and possibly others)?  The problem is, they likely don't
bundle it because other OSes have it already.

It's a fairly standard file, but FreeBSD doesn't ship with an MUA that
uses it (I *think*).  I know mail(1) does not.

-Dan