Date:      Wed, 02 Jun 1999 12:21:17 +0200
From:      Thierry Herbelot <Thierry.Herbelot@alcatel.fr>
To:        Ye Yong <yeyong@mail.wzptt.zj.cn>
Cc:        freebsd-questions <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: can't boot system after install FreeBSD

--------------B1DC88E02C39A4B97AE1D980

Hello,

This may be because you have configured you disk as "dangerously
dedicated" and the BIOS of HP wants to see a partition table at the
beginning of the disk (but I may be wrong).

If it is the case, "fdisk" the disk with the DOS utility, and create one
single partition on your disk, then install FreeBSD in this partition.

	TfH

Ye Yong wrote:

> Hi!
>
>    I have a HP LH3 server,as discussed in previous email,
> the NetRAID used by HP isn't supported by FreeBSD.  I attached
> the hard disk to the SE SCSI(single-ended SCSI) connector,this time
> the hard disk can be detected.
>     I went out to install FreeBSD on the server,I should have done
> everything right,partition,make the disk bootable,disk lable,install
> a Distribution set,after install and post-install config,there seemed
> no way to end install ,so I choose "exit install" and system rebooted,
>  but it displayed "opertion system not found" and can't boot into FreeBSD.
>  I tried several times,including minimal install.( I install by ways of ftp
> from a Windows NT server which hold FreeBSD 3.2 Release files) but didn't work.
>    anyone can help me?
>    thanks!

--------------B1DC88E02C39A4B97AE1D980

begin:vcard