Date:      Thu, 12 Sep 2002 13:16:32 -0400
From:      Lawrence Sica <lomifeh@earthlink.net>
To:        cjclark@alum.mit.edu
Cc:        chat@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Solaris and Dynamic Routing

On Thursday, September 12, 2002, at 12:53  PM, Crist J. Clark wrote:

> Anyone out there know of some good software for doing dynamic routing
> on Solaris (2.6 to be exact)? It doesn't need to be terribly
> complicated software, I just need to get some routes off of a
> neighboring router and onto the Solaris system.
>
> I know about gated, but the open source version looks like it hasn't
> been maintained for a long time now. I'm trying Zebra, but it is
> technically a "beta" which makes me a little nervous about deploying
> on an operational network. Both have more up-to-date commercial
> versions, but we need this yesterday (of course) and I don't want to
> get tied with a vendor and a bummer product because we grabbed the
> first thing.
>
> Anyone have recommendations?

Solaris does dynamic routing...there is an ndd switch that turns it on
and off.  I normally turn it off heh.   Look for /etc/norouter.  If
that is there then dynamic routing is turned off.   man in.routed or
in.rdisc.  That works for 7, dont know about 2.6 (it has been ages
since I have dealt with 2.6)

Try reading the below url..

http://www.ebsinc.com/solaris/
routing.html#3.4:%20How%20to%20Use%20in.routed

HTH,

Larry