Date:      Thu, 02 Jun 2005 21:06:32 +0000
From:      Aris Adamantiadis <spacewalker@altern.org>
To:        freebsd-current@freebsd.org
Subject:   looking for a potential mentor for google's summer of code

Hello,
I am a student interested by google summer of code. I've already put on
a project yesterday, and there was not freebsd at this time. So I've
choosen google.
Now, I wonder if it was wise to do that. We can still change the
mentoring project, so I'm asking if the project would interest somebody
at freebsd.

I explain. I am the author of libssh, a tiny C ssh library
(http://0xbadc0de.be ) which currently only support client side.
My project would be to extend it to server side at a first time, then
creating a fully featured sftp server using the library.
It would have lot of options that openssh still miss like secure
anonymous access, files and directories permissions not based on the
actual unix permissions etc. (like most popular ftp servers).

Thank you by advance for your advises.
Regards,
Aris