Date:      Wed, 21 Oct 2009 13:40:38 -0600
From:      Chad Perrin <perrin@apotheon.com>
To:        FreeBSD Questions <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: undo make deinstall

--9jxsPFA5p3P2qPhR

On Wed, Oct 21, 2009 at 12:38:48PM -0700, Chuck Swiger wrote:
> On Oct 21, 2009, at 12:28 PM, Chad Perrin wrote:
> >How does one undo a `make deinstall` when `make reinstall` fails?
>=20
> Do you have a package of this port handy?-- try doing a pkg_add of =20
> that...

It is, for the moment, a hypothetical question -- based on an experience
a year or so ago.  I'd like to avoid having the same problem again
(deinstalling and reinstalling something, then finding the reinstall
didn't work) without having an idea how to undo the damage of
deinstalling something that actually worked.  So . . . assume for
argument's sake that I haven't gone out of my way to create a package in
advance, for a sort of "worst case scenario".

--=20

--9jxsPFA5p3P2qPhR

--9jxsPFA5p3P2qPhR--