Date:      Fri, 28 Nov 2014 14:24:56 -0500
From:      Paul Pathiakis <pathiaki2@yahoo.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: UPS for FreeBSD

Darren,

Sorry, haven't had an oscilloscope for a long time. :-(

Also, you can't really measure double conversion sine on UPS, just
what's output.

The first conversion happens going from power to the internal circuitry
in the UPS going from AC to DC.

The second conversion happens going from internal DC to external AC.

Yes, they are recyclable.  You have to get to the recycle center, not
throw them in the trash.

I'm not trying to read between the lines.  Anything that does not
specifically say 'Double Sine Wave Conversion' is not; this is probably
the safer bet.

I would hope that any power coming out of any UPS is cleaner than whats
coming over the miles of power lines to your building/outlet.

However, when it spikes, browns out, etc (any fluctuation - major or
minor) what's coming out of the unit at that point needs to be PFC at
the level necessary to not damage the PSU or anything beyond it.

That is the end of my input on this thread.  It's become time
consuming.  I believe a lot of people get what I'm saying here.

P.