Date:      Sun, 12 Nov 1995 11:39:12 -0800
From:      Poul-Henning Kamp <phk@freefall.freebsd.org>
To:        current
Subject:   A couple of things

1. The slower sysinstall:  we don not use the same scenario
now as in 2.0.5 that's why the exec gzip stuff is so much slower.
in 2.0.5 the MFS disk contained uncompressed binaries, relying
on kzip to compress the entire thing, not the MFS disk contains
gziped bins too.

I'm now committing the permanent fix for the sysctl bogusness,
the malloc() stunt wasn't what I planned on using, but I needed to
to get netscape working so I could get my head back from Peter to
think with doing the rest of this stuff.

Poul-Henning