Date:      Wed, 23 Jul 2003 09:08:18 -0600
From:      "Stephane Raimbault" <segr@hotmail.com>
To:        <current@freebsd.org>
Cc:        Bosko Milekic <bmilekic@technokratis.com>
Subject:   Re: FreeBSD 5.1-R kernel panic

panic: kmem_malloc(4096): kmem_map too small: 275251200 total allocated
cpuid = 2; lapic.id = 01000000
boot() called on cpu#2

syncing disks, buffers remaining... 7149 7148 7148 7148 7143 7151 7143 7143
7143
 7143 7143 7143 7143 7143
7143 7143 7143
7143 7143 7143 7143 7143 7143 7143 7143 7143

kernel paniced again... this time with the re-compiled 5.1-R kernel with the
1.126 kern_malloc.c file.

I was looking at uping the kern.vm.kmem.size as suggested to do as well, but
I cannot find that value in sysctl -a, so I'm not sure where to set that
specifically.  I have found the value for nmbclusters and it is set to the
following:

kern.ipc.nmbclusters: 25600

I guess short of setting the kern.vm.kmem.size I need to get someone here
the stack trace leading to the crash... is there a URL that someone can
point me to for me to set the box up for this?  I'll dig around in the
developers handbook, I seem to remember seeing something about it in there.

Thanks,
Stephane.