Date:      Wed, 22 May 1996 12:52:55 -0700 (PDT)
From:      Paul Hsu <support@cdrom.com>
To:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   FreeBSD Support for Matsushita CDROM (fwd)

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Thu, 16 May 1996 18:07:42 -0500
From: Travis Mikalson <coolholio@globaldialog.com>
To: support@cdrom.com
Subject: FreeBSD Support for Matsushita CDROM

I am having trouble with FreeBSD and my CDROM.

I have a Matsushita 562 connected to a Creative Labs Sound Blaster 16 Multi-CD board.

The installation generic kernel searches for the drive at 0x230 and the CDROM light goes on, but it still doesn't find it.
I changed it to -1 in the userconfig, and it hit the CDROM twice, yet still did not recognize it.

I just bought the Walnut Creek FreeBSD CD, and Docs.
This is a great OS, and we are going to be using it for our ISP.
I am interested to know about any other support services available.

Thanks much!
Travis Mikalson
System Administrator of International Graphics