Date:      Thu, 30 Dec 1999 18:23:00 -0600
From:      David Kelly <dkelly@hiwaay.net>
To:        Jesse Tilly <jtilly@uswebcks.com>
Cc:        "'freebsd-chat'" <chat@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: Unix World Jan 1991 - 10 Predictions for the '90s

Jesse Tilly writes:
> "Rumors of my death have been greatly exaggerated"
>
> The PowerPC is alive and kicking.  Not only does it power all Apple
> computers (the G3 and G4 are PowerPC generational chips), but they power
> IBM's top-o-tha-line RS/6000 workstations.

Not to mention successes in the embedded market. Can't find the
reference right now but somehow I got the idea Kodak's current digital
cameras were PowerPC based.

Someone ported an Atari 2600 emulator to the DC-265 and there is a
picture of it (and most everything you need to download) playing Donkey
Kong: http://members.aol.com/JWSurine/

Next year we'll be hearing a lot from the Apple PowerPC group as MacOS
X, the user version, is due out in February, and is recognized as a bona
fide BSD derivative.

--
David Kelly N4HHE, dkelly@hiwaay.net