Date:      Mon, 12 Mar 2001 17:18:26 -0800
From:      Kris Kennaway <kris@obsecurity.org>
To:        "Araiza, Dennis" <DAraiza@cskauto.com>
Cc:        "'freebsd-questions@freebsd.org'" <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: question about internet browsers

--IrhDeMKUP4DT/M7F

On Mon, Mar 12, 2001 at 06:10:23PM -0700, Araiza, Dennis wrote:
> Hi,=20
>   I have a question about web browsers and was hoping someone can help. I
> currently run 4.2 stable and have been using Netscape to do all my web
> browsing. I have noticed that the font on Netscape isn't that great and I
> would prefer to run a different browser all together. My question is, is
> there any emulator I can use to run Internet Explorer or is there any "li=
ke"
> application I can port in that looks and runs like it? Do you know of any
> program that will allow me to run microsoft applications? I hope someone =
can
> get back to me on this and would appreciate any information that can help=
 me
> out.

Netscape looks much better with TrueType fonts - see a recent
DaemonNews article about how to set this up.

Recent versions of Mozilla look even better, as they do anti-aliasing
as well now.  In fact I use mozilla as my primary browser thesedays.

You might have luck running IE under WINE or VMWARE, but it's almost
certainly not worth the effort.

Kris

--IrhDeMKUP4DT/M7F

--IrhDeMKUP4DT/M7F--