Date:      Fri, 12 May 2000 16:32:19 +0300
From:      Maxim Sobolev <SoboMax@FreeBSD.org>
To:        Gary Kline <kline@tao.thought.org>, ports@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: How to submit port updates (Re: ports/18502: Mutt is now at 1.2)

Gary Kline wrote:

>         Thank you; this fits exactly:: a cookbook-style howto.  Once
>         I've done this procedure a few times the edges (reasons, whys,
>         and wherefores) will become clear.

Once you have created one PR you can reuse it for future PRs:

1. Save PR into some file (template.pr);
2. Strip your patch from the end of this file;
3. When you will have diffs for the next PR (myapp.diff) ready do "cat template.pr
myapp.diff > myapp.pr";
4. Edit Synopsis and Description fields of the newly created myapp.pr;
5. Send it using "send-pr -f myapp.pr".

It's easy, isn't it ;)? It would save you some time required to retype your name,
mail and organisation again and again.

-Maxim