Date:      Thu, 6 Nov 2003 11:59:03 -0500
From:      "Mark Skurzynski" <mark@lomag.net>
To:        "Peter Pentchev" <roam@ringlet.net>
Cc:        ports@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: FreeBSD Port: vpopmail-5.3.27

Thanks Peter! I've touch'd the file and the new domain was added. Where
can I find the information that belongs inside the file? Google didn't
help out much (I was shocked).

In regards to the pop3 .. no, there's no errors anywhere. I've seen
the error myself while checking my email a few times today along with
a few customers reporting it. Checking the log files shows no failed
attempts from my IP address even though Outlook Express popped up a
box asking for my login/password again then when I hit ok it worked
normally the second time around.

I used to run the vpopmail-stable port but was forced to upgrade when
the qmailadmin port was upgraded. Pretty much since then I've been seeing
this issue at random.

One other thing when the server asks again for my login/pass I check
the processes and see a qmail-pop3d process running (not from my login)
under the vpopmail username. As soon as I kill that one I can connect fine
but not until then. Checking that process further yeilds its just other
people checking their mail. Perhaps 2+ people can't check their email at
exactly the same time? A configuration variable somewhere maybe?

I've re-installed qmail, vpopmail, qmailadmin, everything, along with
first upgrading to the latest 4.9-stable and the problem still exists.
I'm really stumped! Any idea?

Mark

  Mark Skurzynski  *  Lomag Internet Services, LLC
  mark@lomag.net   *  http://www.lomag.net
  Edison, NJ USA   *  908-754-2296