Date:      Mon, 31 Jan 2005 07:27:35 -0600
From:      Gene <listmail@Bomgardner.net>
To:        "freebsd-questions@FreeBSD. ORG" <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   SUIDPERL and "DISABLED SET-ID SCRIPTS" error

After recompiling the perl5 port and installing openwebmail,
I get the following error presumably from perl.

YOU HAVEN'T DISABLED SET-ID SCRIPTS IN THE KERNEL YET!
FIX YOUR KERNEL, OR PUT A C WRAPPER AROUND THIS SCRIPT!

I looked in the archives and found one message that says to enable suidperl
when compiling. I've already done thatbut still get the message.

I've also checked perl.org but all it says is that perl can be told that the
kernel can handle set-id scripts, but it doesn't say how.

Any help greatly appreciated.

Thanks