Date:      Tue, 30 Mar 1999 14:23:20 -0800
From:      Spam Me Here <bearmaps@berkeleycs.ml.org>
To:        Patrick Gardella <patrick@cre8tivegroup.com>, freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Mail.local?

> Mar 30 09:53:50 gateway mail.local: usage: mail.local [-b] [-f

I had some problems with mail.local as well ( not w/ freebsd though ), so I
got rid of it. Originally, I replaced it with procmail, but then after
upgrading again, procmail quit working properly, so finally, i just
went back to using mail.

Using mail %u as your mailer should work fine. Here's my Mlocal

Mlocal, P=/usr/bin/procmail, F=SAw5:|/@glDFMPhsfn, S=10/30, R=20/40,
        T=DNS/RFC822/X-Unix,
        A=mail $u