Date:      Tue, 2 Jan 2007 15:18:51 +1030
From:      "Daniel O'Connor" <doconnor@gsoft.com.au>
To:        freebsd-stable@freebsd.org
Subject:   twe on amd64 hangs

Hi,
We have recently bought some new Supermicro P8SCT boards with 3ware 8006LP2's
and are using the amd64 port, however if I put the 3ware in the PCI-X slot it
hangs probing the disks (eg at the end of the boot if it's in the kernel, or
at load time if I use kldload). If I put it in a 32 bit slot it works fine.

I tried reducing the PCI-X clock down to 100MHz but it made no difference.

If I boot an i386 kernel it works fine (I tried 6.2RC2).

Unfortunately the hang is solid and I can't break into the debugger :(

Any help appreciated, I am happy to test patches, etc..

Thanks.

are so many of them to choose from."
  -- Andrew Tanenbaum