Date:      Mon, 2 Sep 2002 23:34:00 -0500
From:      Joseph <mystical@houston.rr.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   How to configure WEP for wireless networking cards

I know that the wicontrol utility will help me in configuring such security measures as WEP etc.
I've purchased the Linksys wap11, and i've been able to access it via my webbrowser. I've generated a 128bit key via the browser, but I don't know how to configure my system to do so.
I'm aware that there are both 64 and 128 bit encryption available, but i don't know which is more compatible with my system.
Currently, I'm running the latest (updated) 4.6 version of Freebsd.
So if any of you have had any experience with setting up your wi0 with WEP, please give me some pointers on how to do so
Thankyou in advance