Date:      Tue, 10 Dec 2013 19:25:43 +0100
From:      Pawel Pekala <pawel@FreeBSD.org>
To:        freebsd-pkg@freebsd.org
Subject:   Automatic dependency adding in 1.2.x ?

Hi,

 During my last work on ports linking problems I noticed one thing with
new 1.2.x (?) pkg. It's seems now pkg adds dependencies not listed in
LIB_DEPENDS when package links to some lib on live system. So for
example it links dynamically to databases/tinycdb when available on
system and this is not recorded in port's Makefile (tinycdb is not
pulled but any other deps also).

 From user's point this is desirable behaviour, it keeps things sane -
tinycdb can't be removed when there are other packages that link to it's
libraries and prevents breakage.

 On the developer's side of things this is at least strange choice - it
hides problems instead trying to expose them and get them fixed. It
makes finding those kind of errors a lot harder in my view and leads to
official packages (built in sterile environment) lacking some features
or being even broken in rare cases.

Is there are any way to disable this feature?=20

Maybe related to this,ffmpeg0 on my system thinks it depends on
ffmpeg now:

[corn:~]> pkg info -d ffmpeg0-0.7.16_1,1=20
ffmpeg0-0.7.16_1,1:
        freetype2-2.5.0.1
        xvid-1.3.2,1
        x264-0.136.2358_1