Date:      Mon, 19 Jul 1999 00:48:06 -0700 (PDT)
From:      Vincent Poy <vince@venus.GAIANET.NET>
To:        sthaug@nethelp.no
Cc:        freebsd-hackers@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: poor ethernet performance?

On Sun, 18 Jul 1999 sthaug@nethelp.no wrote:

> > > Please read the documentation.
> >
> > 	This is hard since the actual machines and switches are almost
> > 6000 miles away from me and the last time I checked, it didn't come with
> > manuals.  I know my way around the Cisco routers but the switches is still
> > a mystery...
>
> All of the Cisco documentation is available on WWW. Use it!

	I known it is but I was talking about the printed copy...

> Start at http://www.cisco.com/, follow the "Technical documents" and
> then the "Documentation home page" link. The manual for your switch is
> available, that's where I found the "show mac-address-table" command.

	Atleast the Cisco documentation is good...  The Ascend
documentation sucks big time since none of the stuff in the manual matches
the actual OS on the system.

Cheers,
Vince - vince@MCESTATE.COM - vince@GAIANET.NET           ________   __ ____
Unix Networking Operations - FreeBSD-Real Unix for Free / / / / |  / |[__  ]
GaiaNet Corporation - M & C Estate                     / / / /  | /  | __] ]
Beverly Hills, California USA 90210                   / / / / / |/ / | __] ]
HongKong Stars/Gravis UltraSound Mailing Lists Admin /_/_/_/_/|___/|_|[____]