Date:      Tue, 9 Dec 2003 13:07:05 +0100
From:      Alexander Leidinger <Alexander@Leidinger.net>
To:        Erwin Lansing <erwin@freebsd.org>, current@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Status of wi(4)

On Mon, 8 Dec 2003 21:07:14 +0100
Erwin Lansing <erwin@freebsd.org> wrote:

> > : wi0: Intersil Firmware: Primary (0.3.0), Station (0.8.3)
> >
> > This is very old firmware...
>
> The card isn't the newest around anymore, but I can't seem to find any
> firmware upgrades for it.

I have a card with a primary version of 0.3.0 too. I experimented long
with the WinUpdate utility until I found an update which the utility
allowed. I wasn't able to find something newer than 0.3.0 for the
primary firmware, but the secondary firmware is now at 1.4.9 (I was able
to find newer firmwares, but none of them was suitably for my card).

Just try to update the secondary firmware with a 1.4.9 one, it should
work without loading a primary firmware into the WinUpdate tool.

Bye,
Alexander.