Date:      Fri, 5 Sep 1997 09:12:27 +0200
From:      "P. van Leeuwen" <pvl@nanoteq.com>
To:        "'Piotr Kielanowski'" <kiel@physics.utexas.edu>, "freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG" <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   RE:

Check your .login or .cshrc or .profile (depending on your shell) to see
if you don't run any program that is supposed to be run in a virtual console.

e.g. vidkontrol will cause your problem.

If you do find something like that, but it inside an if statement :

if ($term == cons25) then
	vidcontrol -m on
endif

for tcsh.