Date:      Sun, 19 Apr 1998 17:25:52 -0700
From:      Amancio Hasty <hasty@rah.star-gate.com>
To:        Ian Walters <s344037@student.uq.edu.au>
Cc:        multimedia@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Hi,

Hi
This is a FreeBSD (Unix) forum if you are interested on knowing more
about it just go to http://www.freebsd.org.

The Bt848 driver is part of the FreeBSD system and populars apps
such as fxtv (tv viewer ) and "vic", an mbone broadcast tool, can
be easily installed thru our port mechanism which I am more than
happy to walk you thru if you run FreeBSD.

I wrote the Bt848 driver from scratch by reading the Bt848 databooks
and our system interface was modelled after the matrox meteor driver
(another FreeBSD  video capture driver for Phillips based chipset
cards such as the Matrox Meteor). After the initial driver deployment
several FreeBSD hackers have volunteer like adding support for tuners,
bug fixes, driver enhancements well by know they have literally rewritten
the driver however the original architecture is pretty much intact.

We *don't* have any software for Win95 nor drivers and I know enough
about Win95 and FreeBSD drivers.

	Good Luck!!
	Amancio