Date:      Sat, 21 Jul 2001 03:24:58 +0930
From:      Greg Lewis <glewis@eyesbeyond.com>
To:        Arun Sharma <arun@sharmas.dhs.org>
Cc:        Greg Lewis <glewis@eyesbeyond.com>, java@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: POSIX port of Intel ORP

On Fri, Jul 20, 2001 at 10:43:44AM -0700, Arun Sharma wrote:
> On Sat, Jul 21, 2001 at 02:52:08AM +0930, Greg Lewis wrote:
> > > 2. Covering Linux specific bits in #ifdef __linux__
> >
> > Did you need to introduce any FreeBSD specific code?
>
> Loosely speaking - no. But I suspect I might have to, to deal
> with the differences in pthread implementations. I also plan to
> try with IBM's MxN pthread implementation, which I have ported
> to FreeBSD.

Sounds good.

> Strictly speaking - yes.  I copied orp/os/linux -> orp/os/freebsd
> and removed code which was trying to deal with various versions of
> Linux (which differ w.r.t. signal handling).

If I can make a suggestion, if its not too much trouble then you may
want to consider orp/os/bsd instead.  I suspect you'll find that
your code will compile with relatively minor if any changes on the
other BSD platforms.  We've moved to this with the JDK port.

> > > Current port status:
> > >
> > > 1. Compiles on FreeBSD (and Linux of course)
> >
> > Be interesting to test on NetBSD and OpenBSD too :).
>
> I'll have it up on the net tonight - don't have access to NetBSD
> and OpenBSD boxes.

I have these two installed on other hd partitions, so I may well
give it a try on them, just to see :).

> > Why is producing a diff clumsy?  I'd like to see one :).
>
> I meant, it will be large and repetitive. I'll have both the diff and
> full sources on the net later today.

Excellent!

--
Greg Lewis                            Email : glewis@eyesbeyond.com
Eyes Beyond                           Mobile: 0419 868 494