Date:      Sun, 7 Jan 1996 07:53:16 -0800 (PST)
From:      -Vince- <vince@apollo.COSC.GOV>
To:        joerg_wunsch@interface-business.de
Cc:        David May <mayd@maths.uwa.edu.au>, freebsd-ports@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: GNU Finger Installation.

On Sun, 7 Jan 1996, J Wunsch wrote:

> As David May wrote:
> >
> > Question: are there any known problems with GNU finger. Has anybody installed
> > it successfully? Or is it just my installation attempt thatwas wrong?
>
> I have done it recently, though i haven't been able to make a port,
> mainly since a somewhat sophisticated configuration script is
> required.  If somebody wants to jump in, i can pass the diffs for it,
> including diffs to properly use the procfs (our procfs largely differs
> from SysV, which GNUfinger's idea of procfs was apparently based
> upon).

	I actually have the port available if anyone wants it.

Cheers,
-Vince- vince@COSC.GOV - GUS Mailing Lists Admin - http://www.COSC.GOV/~vince
UC Berkeley AstroPhysics - Electrical Engineering (Honorary B.S.)
Chabot Observatory & Science Center - Board of Advisors
Running FreeBSD - Real UN*X for Free!
Linda Wong/Vivian Chow/Hacken Lee/Danny Chan/Priscilla Chan Fan Club
Mailing Lists Admin