Date:      Thu, 7 Feb 2002 09:45:50 -0800
From:      Joe Kelsey <joe@zircon.seattle.wa.us>
To:        java@freebsd.org
Subject:   Back from the dead (status report)

Bill Huey writes:
 > I took a 2-3 week break after burning out screwing with the light weight
 > process and signaling framework in HotSpot, but I'm working on it again
 > as of last night. The current port is based on the linux/ source tree
 > (build environment) and it compiles cleanly, but the two major platform
 > specific directories still need to be examined and then need to be
 > appropriately glued to FreeBSD's pthread and signaling layer.

I thought that we had agreed to use the newly created bsd directories
for this work.  Please do not check in any more changes to the linux
directories.  If you want, simply copy your current sources from their
current locations into the bsd directories and check them in that way.
Also, please start using the bsd build system as it operates correctly,
unless of course, you can demonstarte that it does not operate.

I would greatly appreciate any feedback on the bsd system I set up for
this purpose.

/Joe