Date:      Sat, 30 Aug 1997 11:46:39 -0700 (PDT)
From:      Howard Lew <hlew@www2.shoppersnet.com>
To:        Luigi Rizzo <luigi@labinfo.iet.unipi.it>
Cc:        hackers@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: snd970829.tgz

Hi Luigi,

I had a chance to try out your latest sound code on 2 different sound
cards (Opti 924 and Opti 925).  Both of them seem to require some sort of
preinit before PNP will work, so unfortunately neither will work.  But I
know it is possible to get them to work because those guys at 4Front have
a lkm that works fine...  I wonder if they are doing the pnp or preinit
differently.

Well, keep up the good work...  I think I will try the AWE64.