Date:      Thu, 15 May 1997 23:15:00 -0700
From:      "Reginald S. Perry" <reggie@aa.net>
To:        The Devil Himself <fullermd@narcissus.ml.org>
Cc:        Burton Sampley <burton@bsampley.vip.best.com>, questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: warning: locale not supported

>>>>> "Mr. Devil" == The Devil Himself <fullermd@narcissus.ml.org> writes:

    Mr. Devil> On Thu, 15 May 1997, Burton Sampley wrote:
    >> Greetings,
    >>
    >> I've been getting a strange message on the console:
    >>
    >> warning: locale not supported by C library, locale unchanged
    Mr. Devil> I get it on a BSDi system when I run Netscape.  Never
    Mr. Devil> had any problem with it, so I ignore it.  emacs too;
    Mr. Devil> under X, but not xemacs.

Now I have a question related to this. I installed 2.2.1 a couple of
weeks ago and while surfing my directory tree noticed /usr/share/nls
which has all sorts of interesting looking stuff in it. Now is this
nls dir related to /usr/X11R6/lib/X11/nls which I had to create for
X11R5 compatibility? If so how can I get all of my apps to look there
instead? Does it need an nls.dir? How would I set this up? Is this
somewhere in the handbook? Maybe we need AltaVista on the doc
trees. :-)

-Reggie