Date:      Mon, 25 Mar 2002 13:28:08 +1100 (EST)
From:      callum.gibson@db.com
To:        hackers@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Missing PT_READ_U

Bakul Shah writes:
}> As the culprit behind PT_READ_U's demise, I'm willing to dive in
}> and help here if needed.
}Thanks but Julian sent me a patch for 4.5 that seems to work
}with no changes in ups.  Would be nice if PT_READ_U is put
}back in 4.x.

As a followup to this old thread (and as the poster of the original
question on the ups mailing list in late Feb) I note there has still
been no change on the RELENG_4 branch to fix this. Could we have the
patch posted here at least so other people can use ups again (with
signals)? I'd just apply a reverse patch from kern/sys_process.c 1.51.2.2
to 1.51.2.1 except that I don't know if other files (apart from sys/ptrace.h)
have been affected.

Ta.

Callum Gibson                               callum.gibson@db.com
Global Markets IT, Deutsche Bank, Australia       61 2 9258 1620
### The opinions in this message are mine and not Deutsche's ###