Date:      Wed, 26 Jun 2002 11:38:15 -0400 (EDT)
From:      "H. Wade Minter" <minter@lunenburg.org>
To:        Benjamin Krueger <benjamin@seattlefenix.net>
Cc:        freebsd-security@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Much ado about nothing.

On Wed, 26 Jun 2002, Benjamin Krueger wrote:

> http://bvlive01.iss.net/issEn/delivery/xforce/alertdetail.jsp?oid=20584

Lemme see if I have this right.

We were all whipped into a "Must Upgrade NOW!!!!" frenzy over this OpenSSH
hole.  It was so severe that it had to be kept in utmost secrecy, and the
S.O.P. seemed to be "If you can't or won't upgrade, then turn off SSH,"...

...and the solution is to disable S/KEY???  That's it?

--Wade

--
'I say to you that the VCR is to the American film producer and the American
public as the Boston strangler is to the woman home alone.'

'It's getting clear -- alarmingly clear, I might add -- that we are in the
midst of the possibility of Armageddon.'
      Jack Valenti on the Internet, 2002

http://www.digitalconsumer.org/
http://digitalspeech.org/